Somali Women have never been ones to sit back they are at the forefront making their voices heard on the issues which concern them in Somalia and in the diaspora.
1. Somali Women call on the governments to honour the 30% female representation quota for parliament.
2. Somali women in Maine taking part in a protest of a proposed rule change that would prohibit hundreds of asylum seekers and some other immigrants from receiving General Assistance while waiting for their work permits.
3.Young Somali women in Toronto unfurling the Ogaden flag outside the G20 Summit in protest of the lack of any response o Human rights abuses suffered by Somalis and others in the region.
4. Somali women in the capital in the 1970’s protesting in support of Angela Davis
5. Somali women taking part in a demonstration for immigration reform in Ireland and for protection for asylum seekers.
6. Somali women protesting Ethiopian Occupation
7. Somali Women demonstrating for an end to violence against women
8. Somali women gather in Mogadishu to protest al-Shabaab’s February 21st attack on Villa Somalia.
9. Protestors demonstrated outside of the Toronto District School Board and voiced their displeasure with the TDSB Somali task force’s stigmatizing of Somali students.